The Georgia National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program provides an opportunity for Georgia’s at-risk youth, 16 to 18 years of age, who have not yet graduated from high school and who are willing to make a life-changing decision to volunteer for enrollment into this 22-week military-style residential program.
At the Youth Challenge Academy, cadets will have the opportunity to earn their academic credentials (GED, High School diploma, or earn transferrable high school credit and return to their high school).
GaYCP Eligibility Criteria:
- Between 16-18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Georgia Resident
- Educationally at-risk or High School dropout
- Voluntary enrollment
- Underemployed or Unemployed
- Drug Free (All cadets will be drug tested)
- Physically and mentally capable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodations for physical and other disabilities
- Not currently on parole or probation for other than juvenile status offenses, not awaiting sentencing, not under indictment, accused or convicted of a felony. Cannot have any pending court dates once program starts.
"This youth has not committed a felony and is on probation for a status offense only. While in attendance at Youth Challenge, the youth is not required to report to a Probation Officer, attend any court hearing, nor pay any fees. We request that Youth Challenge notify us upon satisfactory completion of Youth Challenge, or inform us if he/she leaves the program prior to graduation."
"This youth has not committed a felony and his case has been placed in abeyance pending completion of the Youth Challenge Program. While in attendance at Youth Challenge, the youth is not required to report to or attend any court hearings. This court requests that Youth Challenge notify us upon his/her satisfactory completion of Youth Challenge, or inform us if he/she leaves the program prior to graduation."
"This youth has committed a delinquent act but is not in need of treatment or rehabilitation and has been adjudicated as a Child in Need of Services (CHINS) pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-11-600 (e)."
"This youth is no longer on probation and is free from all involvement with the criminal justice system. Additionally, this youth was not convicted of a felony."