The Fort Stewart Youth ChalleNGe Academy
The Fort Stewart Youth Challenge Academy (FSYCA) officially opened its doors 1993, one of ten original academies nationwide. The FSYCA celebrated 25 years of success in 2018, having graduated over 9000 young men and women. Over these last 25 years, FSYCA has evolved to meet the needs of our customers and currently offers the following academic programs for motivated cadets: high school diploma program; credit recovery program to help students earn or make-up lost credits to return to high school, and college classes. Students in our High School/Credit Recovery programs earn an average of six high credits during their 22-week stay with us. However, highly motivated students have earned as much as fourteen credits.
Fort Stewart YCA Class 60 starts on Sunday, January 15, 2023, which is referred to as “In-Take” (Day 0). This is a very important day; it is also a very long day. The candidate and legal guardian will be processed through 6 to 8 different stations. Therefore, Families/guardians expect to be here for approximately 4 hours. Please do not bring additional family members on this day. Have your farewell celebration at home, not here on this day. The only necessary people to accompany the candidate should be the legal guardian (the individual who sign him/her up for the program) and their mentor.
Class 60 important dates, locations & times:
In-Take (reporting) Date: Sunday, 15 Jan 23
Location: Fort Stewart Education Center
100 Knowledge Drive, Fort Stewart, GA 31315
Reporting times (Depending on where you live):
- 100 or fewer miles from Fort Stewart, report at 9:00 am
- 100 to 250 miles from Fort Stewart, report at 10:00 am
- 250 to 350 miles from Fort Stewart, report at 12:00 noon
- 350 miles or greater, Fort Stewart, report at 1:30:00 pm
Please click the link below to access the packing list. Please download this packing list, it will specify the only thing the candidate is authorized to bring. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Fort Stewart YCA Class 60 Packing List.
VERY IMPORTANT! On “In-Take Day” for all candidates enrolled:
- Male’s attire: Black slacks, black shoes, long white sleeve shirt with a black tie. NO Bowtie!
- Female’s attire: Black slacks or skirt, white blouse, black shoes (no high heels).
- Hairstyles: strongly recommend males to have a low haircut, with NO SPECIAL designs in their haircut. Females will not have any color or extension in their hair. Hair braids are authorized without designs; hair can be pulled back into a bun. No make-up, artificial eyelashes, no acrylic nails, or nail polish.
Hand carry these important documents (DO NOT PACK)
- Social security card
- Valid state Picture ID
- Updated school transcripts
- Medical Insurance Card
- Medication, prescribed by a doctor
Any questions please call 912-876-1716/1717.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEORGIA'S THREE YOUTH CHALLENGE ACADEMIES